Thursday, February 24, 2011

Easy Jewelry Board

There are thousands of tutorials on Jewelry Boards all over blogland and the majority of them are made with chicken wire. I thought that was the only way to do it until I was inspired by this tutorial on Young & Crafty. Instead of chicken wire she used lace! Genious! I was all for the lace idea but instead I used white tule so it was a little firmer to hang my necklaces on.

Supplies:
Old frame
Spray paint
1/2 yrd tule
Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
Lace and material scraps to make embelishments
Self tap hooks
S hooks
Scissors

How To:
Step #1: Spray paint old frame to desired color.
Step #2: Tack the tule tightly in place with the glue gun and trim excess tule off.
Step #3: Screw in the hooks along the bottom of the frame.
Step #4: Embelish the frame with scraps and lace to preferance.


View the tutorial on Young & Crafty for different ideas!

No comments: